I Hate Prevent Defense…
I hate prevent defense. Many times a team has dominated the game, then in the end played prevent defense and allowed a team to drive down the field. Is anyone on board with me here? Why if a team has found a way to control the game, do you change things in the final quarter? We know the “ole” saying “if something works, no need to fix it.” Right? Not! I find myself asking this question time and time again. Changing things in the end of the game after you have held a lead playing a certain type of defense is well…..SILLY in my opinion. You see teams change it up because they are afraid of a big play happening, or don’t want to turn the ball over. “Com-on Man” as Keyshawn Johnson would say. If it has worked all game then….let them play the way it has gone for the game. Yeah, sometimes a big play happens. It seems to me that many times prevent defense leads to a LOSS plain and simple. So just stop it would ya!
- Tim Tebow: 5 Things His Haters Will Say About the Broncos QB’s Debut (bleacherreport.com)
- Jets’ Prevent Defense Almost Prevents Them From Holding On for a Win – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- 2011 NFL Fantasy Football Week 11: Wide Receiver Rankings and Projections (bleacherreport.com)
- Week Nine Monday 10-pack (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- 5 Things We Learned About Tim Tebow on Sunday (bleacherreport.com)
- 23-0 : Hello there, defense. We’ve missed you. (ftrp.wordpress.com)