I always love stories about communities and organizations giving back.
This one is really special, considering my husband was in the Marines for almost ten years.
Scott Wood a Marine passed away due to injuries he received during combat in Iraq. His wife Sara Wood and 5 year old son were invited to a halftime ceremony.
The Houston Texans surprised the fallen Marines widow and son with a custom built home. The home was provided by an organization called Operation Finally Home.
Operation Finally Home provides houses to wounded, disabled veterans or the widowed and their families and all homes are mortgage free.
The house is located in the suburbs of Houston.
This charity has built 32 homes in 32 different states.
This is why I love our country…it is the greatest!
- Shockey rips Texans for anthem etiquette (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Shockey Rips Texans for Anthem Etiquette (abcnews.go.com)
- American Indian Marine Was Part of Iwo Jima, But Kept Out of Spotlight (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- A hero and a villian (politicallyincorrectpatriot.wordpress.com)
- Marine Vignettes II (Marine Vignettes By GyG): #148… Old Glory And The U.S. Marines (gunnyg.wordpress.com)